A question about a recipe: Rosemary Grapefruit Milk Punch

543a8d32 9eaf 4bb5 8f26 19f601b5d844  2016 1025 simply organic individual rosemary grapefruit milk punch mark weinberg 085

I have a question about the recipe "Rosemary Grapefruit Milk Punch" from Samantha Weiss Hills. How much fresh rosemary should be used in the syrup if substituting this for dried? Thank you!

asked by Emily | Cinnamon&Citrus about 2 years ago

Samantha Weiss Hills
Samantha Weiss Hills

Samantha is a freelance writer and editor.

Hi Emily -- 3 to 4 sprigs should do it! I'd leave them whole too so they are easy to remove after the syrup has steeped.

Emily | Cinnamon&Citrus

Thank you! This is going to be my cocktail when I invite my friends over for a Christmas drink :)

It's worth noting that rosemary, which contains very little moisture to begin with, doesn't lose much in either volume or flavor when dried- you could substitute it straight up.

Technically, you will need twice as much fresh rosemary to equal the flavor power of the dried.

Technically? Well, maybe if your dried stuff is broken up some, but sounds more like a number for oregano.

Emily - you could always make a test batch or two (in the name of Quality Control, of course).
Start out small and increase amounts if you don't find the rosemary flavor strong enough. A hard job, but someone's gotta do it...:)