A question about a recipe: Rosemary Grapefruit Milk Punch

I have a question about the recipe "Rosemary Grapefruit Milk Punch" from Samantha Weiss Hills. How much fresh rosemary should be used in the syrup if substituting this for dried? Thank you!

Da99f4cd 8368 4906 81f0 2d566f46a46d  image
Rosemary Grapefruit Milk Punch
Recipe question for: Rosemary Grapefruit Milk Punch

Nancy December 2, 2016
Emily - you could always make a test batch or two (in the name of Quality Control, of course).
Start out small and increase amounts if you don't find the rosemary flavor strong enough. A hard job, but someone's gotta do it...:)

ChefJune December 2, 2016
Technically, you will need twice as much fresh rosemary to equal the flavor power of the dried.

Smaug December 2, 2016
Technically? Well, maybe if your dried stuff is broken up some, but sounds more like a number for oregano.

Smaug December 2, 2016
It's worth noting that rosemary, which contains very little moisture to begin with, doesn't lose much in either volume or flavor when dried- you could substitute it straight up.

Samantha W. December 2, 2016
Hi Emily -- 3 to 4 sprigs should do it! I'd leave them whole too so they are easy to remove after the syrup has steeped.

Emily |. December 2, 2016
Thank you! This is going to be my cocktail when I invite my friends over for a Christmas drink :)