A question about a recipe: Figgy Pudding Butter Cookies

8a3109f5 196b 4707 b269 000cafdcaa02  food52 12 18 12 0965

I have a question about the recipe "Figgy Pudding Butter Cookies" from Helenthenanny. Any idea how long these will last? Can I make them a week, or even two before I need them? Can I freeze them and thaw for the event?

asked by Hilary almost 2 years ago

former Community Editor

You could definitely freeze the dough and then bake closer to when you need them, here are AntoniaJames' comments on doing that: "An update: the logs freeze, cut and bake perfectly, but keep in mind that a log sliced and baked does not produce the same cookie as one that is rolled and then cut. I gently press the slices down a bit to eliminate the roughness around the outside edge and to make them a bit thinner, knowing that they rise when baked. I love these cookies, and am including them in the holiday boxes, tins and plates that will be distributed this year. ;o)"