What is your favorite soup and/or stew cookbook?

Looking for good collection of a variety of soups and stews in one book. I have an old mollie Katzen one and now looking for one that includes meats/poultry/fish.

asked by Jorey Hurley almost 2 years ago

Jennifer W

simple suppers moosewood restaurant cookbook has some nice ones

Leah

I really like Soup for Syria, it has a nice variety of soup recipes and supports a great cause! http://soupforsyria.com/book.php

Rachel

Was going to say the same!

luvcookbooks
luvcookbooks

Meg is a trusted home cook.

Stews, Bogs and Burgoos by James Villas. Southern leaning and stew more than soup.

Agree with Leah and her suggestion of Soup for Syria.
And there are many other cookbooks that focus on the techniques or the part of the meal that uses soups & stews, especially for slow cookers.
But/and two other ways find a good cookbook is for you to think of soups you like by ingredient (there's a virtual world tour of chicken soups) or cuisine (say, French or Tha) and they leads you to another set of books and dishes...Coq au Vin to Tom Kha Gai.

Splendid Soups by James Peterson is pretty comprehensive. It's subtitled Recipes and Master Techniques for Making the World's Best Soups.