canned clam chowder

how can i make canned clam chowder taste better. its so bland i don't want it to go to waste. please help! thank you

asked by lena over 1 year ago

Add a few saffron threads and some Spanish pimento (better than paprika).

And a splash of cognac or brandy.

MMH
MMH

Garnish with bacon. When you make it yourself it's sautéing the veggies in bacon fat which adds flavor. Simmer with fresh thyme as well which will add freshness.

A trick that we use is adding a can of minced clams drained, we use a little bit of cream or half and half in the soup, tabasco, bacon bits and top with a pat of butter delicious!
( if your soup is too thick thin with a bit of water .)