🔕 🔔

Suggestions for a pressure cooker make/model?

High and low end suggestions welcome. Have you had better luck with one over another?

asked by emilyv almost 7 years ago

2ce4531e 275e 4d28 9c0a 00a62172217e  rays 2

I love my Magefesa, and have used it for years without a single problem. It's very intuitive and easy to use.

Dc6dab61 0a80 4308 b0cf d5d06d9d7ac1  kroka kitchen

My friends did thorough research and decided on Kuhn Rikon for theirs. I recently bought one based on their findings and I find it really easy to use. It has a nice sturdy feel.

6f614b0c 899e 467f b032 d68711f70a39  2011 03 07 18 28 41 870

I have 2 from Fagor that I love. One is the 6 Qt Elite. The second is the Duo (9 piece) Canner. I use one or the other several times a week. More in the summer when I do alot of canning.

I have a Fagor and love it. I use it at least once a week; it is very durable.

5810deb5 b138 475a 93c0 723a5a32779c  1 bw med

I have a Fissler, Kuhn Rikon and Fagor. I use the Fissler the most because it is so much sturdier (heavier) and easy to clean. The Kuhn Rikon, was a "set" and I really enjoy the small "fryer pan" that comes with it - though this brand is very minimalist and does not have a locking handle - it does lock closed, however, because the gasket under pressure keeps you from opening it. The Fagor is a little more difficult to clean, I suspect the metal is a different grade, but has a very quiet vapor release.

L
http://www.hippressurecooking...

Fissler makes a very good model. My fav is the WMF. They are probably one of the most expensive, but also solidly constructed and durable as well. There's a combo you can buy on Amzn where you get 2 almost for the price of 1 and that's the one I got myself last year. http://amzn.to/1wdN9so