A question about a recipe: Roasted Fennel & White Bean Dip

I have a question about the recipe "Roasted Fennel & White Bean Dip" from singing_baker. I would like to construct the dish and put it in the fridge overnight and bake it right before guests come. Anyone see any downsides to this? Thanks in advance

8a5161fb 3215 4036 ad80 9f60a53189da  buddhacat
  • Posted by: SKK
  • February 25, 2011
Roasted Fennel & White Bean Dip
Recipe question for: Roasted Fennel & White Bean Dip

SKK March 3, 2011
Thanks Amanda and Singing_Baker, I tried both ways. What worked the best was starting with Step 3 as Amanda recommended. When I full constructed it it was too 'dry', not as creamy as the other way.

singing_baker February 25, 2011
Yes, I agree with Amanda. You may want to increase the cooking time by a couple of minutes as well just because it will all be cold from the fridge.

Amanda H. February 25, 2011
I think this will work, no problem. If you're at all worried about the puree getting dense overnight, then simply start with step 3 the day you want to serve the dip. Would be great to at least get the fennel roasting and bean cooking done in advance.