🔕 🔔

What can I do with 2/3 cup of leftover evaporated milk?

I made nougat with some evaporated milk and have over half a can leftover. Guess I can make more, but are there any easier dishes or common uses for it? Only ever used for nougat, guess I can always make more ...

asked by gochuGoose 2 months ago

you can use it to make this stovetop mac and cheese: http://www.seriouseats...

The ratio is 1:1:1. So you can scale to the evaporated milk.

WS

Use it as coffee creamer. Mix it with water (3 parts water to one part milk is my preferred ratio) and use it in place of milk for any use. Chill it (undiluted) and whip it. It will whip like cream.

88afa98e fd9c 4e61 af72 03658638b6cb  eight ball 600px

Serious Eats has several suggestions in this 2015 article by Niki Achitoff-Gray:

http://www.seriouseats...

Read the comments as well, there are several other suggestions provided by readers.