What traybake or muffins (sweet) are good for reducing sugar and high in fibre?

For my food technology practical I need to make a traybake or muffin that is high in fibre but low in sugar. Please help.

asked by Sean about 1 year ago

Stephanie B.

What is considered high fiber, and low sugar? I mean do you have quantitative limits you need to achieve?

Sean

There is no quantitative amount so anything that is relatively high in fibre and low in sugar

Stephanie B.

I would try some paleo sites for ideas. Or use muffins/tray bakes that incorporate veggies, bran, and/or whole wheat flours. Sweet potatoes are high in fiber for example, and since they're already very sweet you could probably decrease added sugar in a recipe pretty easily.

Ways to come up with a recipe for this challenge:
• most muffin recipes work well even when sugar amount is cut in half
• make a muffin recipe you already know that works & substitute a higher fiber veg or fruit for the original one (e.g., raspberries instead of bananas)
• add supplements (but not too much) to recipe...2 tbsp wheat bran or replace 1/4 of white flour volume with whole wheat flour