🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Instant Pot Beef Stew with Coconut Milk and Salted Peanuts

F7c7a1f8 18a5 4f5d 8461 ce0c0475e8b2  2017 1031 instant pot beef stew julia gartland 360

I have a question about the recipe "Instant Pot Beef Stew with Coconut Milk and Salted Peanuts" from Daniel Shumski. Can you recommend substitutions for flour and potatoes for low-carb/low-sugar diets?

asked by Kate 18 days ago

0f769347 b441 4127 a674 0dc2a8228244  screen shot 2017 06 14 at 7.14.59 pm

Hi Kate!
I usually substitute potatoes with kohlrabi or parsnips. Parsnips tend to be a little sweeter while kohlrabi is likened to broccoli stems or cabbage. I frequently sub mashed kohlrabi for mashed potatoes so I think it would fit well into this recipe! It can be kind of hard to find, but if it is available the purple variety tends to be a little sweeter than green kohlrabi. Hope this helps!! -D