🔕 🔔

Keeping a spiral slow cooked ham warm

I want to make a brown sugar pineapple spiral glaze ham to bring to work at the hospital. Unfortunately we probably won’t be able to eat till around 11 pm. I want to know if it’s possible to keep long on warm without it getting slimmy?

asked by Mona 5 months ago

22fd5949 f671 4eca 9819 de5858b39390  img 7382

How many hours from arrival until serving?

I saw a recipe for preparing a ham in the slow cooker but also read a review that stated it got slimmy after leaving there too long. I would be cooking it on low for a few hours. Then a drive about 40 minutes to work. Then set it up again on warm. From that time probably 4-5 hours before we ate. While writing this I’m thinking maybe just start the cooking when I get there. Have anyone made hame in the slow cooker? Is it a good idea? Thanks for all your help.

Maybe you have or can borrow a slow cooker with a warm setting to hold the ham until time to eat.

8f5038ed 8aca 4d33 aef7 8a0ce63adc40  img00019 20100929 0432 1

Hmm, maybe placing paper towels underneath and on top of the ham in your slow cooker will absorb some of the moisture or condensation. I think it could work, especially with a spiralized ham since its a very forgiving protein that tastes great warm and room temperature.

PHIL

PHIL is a trusted home cook.

Why not keep the glaze on the side and heat in microwave then drizzle over the ham. Are you keeping the ham whole or taking the slices off the bone?