Pasta sauce recommendation? Need some last minute help.

OK I need some help with a sauce for the Pi Fasacc (a cheese filled pasta) for tomorrow's meal. I had planned to get seafood pasta and serve with a white wine, butter, shallot sauce, but they weren't available and now I have cheese filled (ricotta, gran padano and tellegio) pasta. I am also serving a butternut squash soup with sage and prosciutto, a baby gem salad with walnuts, pecorino, red onion and oven roasted cherry tomatoes and a meatball(s) with a passata, So that said, I did not want to do red sauce, two guests are mushroom adverse, chicken broth? Too much like the soup? I feel like pesto might be a bit off season. Anyhow, taking any and all recommendations. Dessert is pannetore bread pudding.

asked by Summer of Eggplant 6 months ago

Summer of Eggplant

Panettone***

Plum in the Icebox

Wintery pesto, maybe kale watercress, nuts, heavier herbs...here is a link for ideas but lots out there https://www.google.ca/amp...

A mint pesto to play off the peas.
Or, brown butter sauce...no mushrooms chicken or tomato need apply.

Maybe ignore suggestion for mint pesto. When I was looking at recipes for pi fasaac, one had peas in it, but this seems to be unique or an aberration.
Still ok with brown butter sauce.

scruz

a light béchamel? mmmmm. what time's dinner?

You could do a very light brown butter with garlic and Italian herbs. It's very easy. Or a light herb cheese sauce? And one more a butter lemon white sauce.
Merry Christmas 🎄 BB

MMH
MMH

If you already have pesto, just toss it in that.

If you still have time roasted red pepper sauce is easy and elegant.

Cut about 6 red peppers in half and broil until charred. Put them in a bag to steam. In the mean time sautee some onions and garlic in olive oil. Place the peppers over a bowl and peel so you dont lose any of the liquid. Puree the peppers & onions & some chicken or veggie stock with an immersion blender until you have sauce thickness. Season & serve. It tastes like a cream sauce. I love it with cheese ravioli or tortellini.