A question about a recipe: Harissa Hot Toddies

94b3050f a134 4e82 a0e1 05daf1119dc9  a harissa holiday hariss hot toddy 2

I have a question about the recipe "Harissa Hot Toddies" from CAVA. Does anyone have a recipe for the harissa simple syrup? What proportions would you recommend?

asked by Matt Rubins 10 months ago

Angela

I did a quick search and found this on the website for CAVA (http://forthosewhosavor.com/olive-oil-cake-with-harissa-candied-citrus)
"...spoon harissa into a piece of cheesecloth that has been folded over numerous times to achieve a square. Use cooking twine to carefully tie up the ends of the cheesecloth so the harissa is entirely enclosed and won’t leak. Simmer the harissa cheesecloth bundle in 1/2 cup of sugar and 1/2 cup of water for 8 to 10 minutes, until the syrup has achieved a strong spiciness (you can adjust your infusing time according to your spiciness preferences). Remove the harissa cheesecloth bundle and strain liquid into a bowl."