A question about a recipe: Sesame Crusted Baked Salmon

F5e544a0 4f6b 49a0 8b40 e961d9d26774  img 20170221 162232 139

I have a question about the recipe "Sesame Crusted Baked Salmon" from Basil and Roses. Do the fillets you use have the skin attached? Do you crust the skin side with sesame too?

asked by Annie 6 months ago

The recipe doesn't specify.
I make a similar crusted baked fish & find that:
*I use either skin-on or fillets without skin, whatever is available.
*If skin on, put the crust only on the non-skin side & bake with skin side down.
*If skinless fillet, either do one or two sides of crust. If two sides, put the fish on a cookie rack or other suspension, so the bottom crust bakes crisp.

Basil and Roses

Hi Annie, thanks for your question. The fillet I used did have the skin on it, but that is not necessary. I don't eat the skin once cooked, but like how it keeps the fish moist while cooking. I do not crust the bottom side or season it at all. Just the top/flesh part of the fish. Hope that helps and happy cooking!