sub for cashews due to allergy

I'd like to make the Padma Lakshmi cloud cookies but need a good exchange for cashews. Not sure what's a good flavor or texture match since I have disliked them even as a child. (Now I know why!)

asked by Isabel 29 days ago

I'm allergic to most nuts, too, but have found that for some reason, I can tolerate pistachios, so they're my go-to for nutty substitutions.

Sam corber

I find that macadamia nuts have a similar texture to cashews and mild flavor that won't overtake the dish.

Alyssa

I think pecans would be a great option to replace cashews in that recipes... reminds me of Mexican Wedding Cookies, which often have pecans.