A question about a recipe: Chocolate Éclair Sponge Cake

46f89fa3 abc0 431b a44f 628421c565bb  hotmilksponge chocolate

I have a question about the recipe "Chocolate Éclair Sponge Cake" from Alice Medrich. I think I know the answer, but... Can I bake it in a 8-inch round pan?

asked by luks 3 months ago

Well- you could likely get away with it if your pan is deep enough; A 9" pan is about 1 1/4 the area of an 8", and the cake will be commensurately deeper, so will take longer to cook, may come out somewhat denser because of the added weight on it's own structure, and also may come out a bit drier because of longer cooking time. It's likely doable, but you'll have to find your own way to a certain extent- unless someone else has actually done it.

luks

Thanks for so detailed answer. Thanks for so detailed answer. I'll take the risk cause this cake sure worth it :)

You're welcome- of course you could also reduce the recipe (by 20%)- eggs are a little tricky, but you can wing it some; 1 egg isn't that precise a measure to begin with.