🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Butternut Squash and Roasted Garlic Galette

E49f8245 b578 440f af0a 801af28c59bf  110210f 670

I don't have access to semolina flour...what do you suggest I use as a substitute??

Step 1 on the recipe "Butternut Squash and Roasted Garlic Galette" from lorinarlock. It says:

"To make the dough: Put the flour, semolina, and salt in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse to combine. Add the butter and pulse to form a mixture that looks like small peas. Add the ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the dough sticks together (to test, remove the top and gather the dough in your fingers. If it sticks together without crumbling, it’s ready). Add the ice water while pulsing, until the dough comes together, being careful not to over mix. Transfer to a lightly floured board and shape the dough into a disk. Wrap tightly in plastic and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and up to 24 hours."

asked by Jenerator over 5 years ago
3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

What options do you have? You could just increase the amount to regular flour. You could also substitute durum wheat flour, spelt flour or kamut flour (according to cook's thesaurus.) I think corn flour or finely ground corn meal would also work, and have a similar texture to the semolina.

2d6aed0e 10fc 4c98 8279 19151a348404  img 1879 version 2

Hi there,

You can definitely eliminate the semolina and increase the all-purpose flour to 1 cup. I hope you like it.