A question about a recipe: Chickpea Stuffed Sweet Potatoes

401d5330 95aa 4a55 830f 7bcbb5e3b795  img 7540

I have a question about the recipe "Chickpea Stuffed Sweet Potatoes" from Vegan.io. What are 'pinches' as in "4 pinches sweet potato" and ".5 pinches onion"?

asked by kgunterm 3 months ago

Cary

A pinch is generally referring to spices and seasonings in amounts too small to measure: use your personal taste as a guide. A "pinch" because ti is an amount you can pinch between too fingers. In your example, it is just poor recipe writing.

Dani Rowen

Looking at the recipe, it appears to be a typo for "pieces". Some recipe generators have a drop down menu to select the unit of measure, so the author could have accidentally selected the wrong word. I would interpret this as 4 Sweet Potatoes, half of an onion.