French Meringue Buttercream

Anyone know how FMB acts room temp? I know its to die for on a cake straight from the fridge, but I need to make a cake that will be set out on display (indoors) for a party- I just want to make sure it wont melt!

asked by Jennifer W 20 days ago

Stephanie B.

If you can pipe it well at room temp when you're decorating your cake, there's no reason it shouldn't keep well for at least a few hours at a comparable temperature. Cold buttercreams don't spread well, and cold cakes don't usually taste as good. I think it will hold as long as your room temp is cool enough - under 74F according to serious eats. I've worked with french buttercreams when my room temp was closer to 80F and it was definitely too loose.

Jennifer W

Thank you!