Trying to make apple pie and turned sauce into caramel how do I undo?

I was making a sauce for apple pie but over cooked it and now it’s thick like caramel can I undo it

asked by Beth 27 days ago

Stephanie B.

What kind of sauce was it supposed to be? And is it smooth like caramel? Because if it is, I say pour it over your apples and bake your pie - it sounds good to me!

Can't. The ingredients (sugar, butter, maybe cream) are now a new thing (caramel) and can't change back.
But a new (delicious) thing.
If you can't or don't want to use it in the apple pie, save in fridge for another use.

tia
tia

I would expect that you could thin it with apple juice or even water to the texture you were looking for. Might be worth a try. I'm assuming this is the sauce that the apples go in before they go in the pie. If not, I'm not sure what to do because I'm not sure what you're working with.