A question about a recipe: Torrisi's Turkey

3963994c b3bf 42d6 8567 bbb452ce40c8  genius turkey breast food52 mark weinberg 14 11 04 0666

I have a question about the recipe "Torrisi's Turkey" from Genius Recipes. I know this serves well at room temp or cold so I'm planning to make this the day before. For those who want their turkey warm, what are the options for reheating? Cover and put in low temp oven?

asked by Emily 24 days ago

Katie Macdonald
Katie Macdonald

Assistant Editor at Food52

Hey Emily! I think that's a good start. To avoid drying out the turkey, I'd put the already-cooked meat for about 30 minutes in a 350°F oven. Just make sure to put a small bowl or glass of water in the oven as well, which should keep it from drying out!

Mrs Beryl Patmore

I'd bring it to room temperature, put a thin layer of warm gravy or aromatic stock in the bottom of a shallow baking dish and lay the slices in that; I'd then cover it (with aluminum foil, if you must) and heat it gently in a 300 degree oven for about 15 minutes. This turkey is extremely moist, so it's not likely to dry out while heating. Keep covered until putting it on a plate and then immediately before serving, dribble thin, very hot gravy - or, if some people don't like gravy or can't eat it for whatever reason -- pan juices mixed with a rich stock. Or, you could put it in a slow cooker on whatever setting will keep the temperature below 160 degrees and let it warm in that for as long as it takes to come to that temperature, and then for as long as you want after that. It simply will not -- cannot -- overcook at that low temperature. Cover it completely with foil in the slow cooker to retain moisture.