A question about a recipe: The Best Indian Lamb Curry

I have a question about the recipe "The Best Indian Lamb Curry" from Karishma. I’m confused by the first round of lamb cooking instructions. Could you please clarify?

18bed8a7 0f65 4f47 8156 49b06d3c7921  fb avatar
  • Posted by: MiGa
  • November 20, 2018
The Best Indian Lamb Curry
Recipe question for: The Best Indian Lamb Curry

Suzanne D. November 20, 2018
Happy to help. Can you tell me more specifically what you find confusing in this recipe? Is it something about prepping the marinade—perhaps how much chili powder to add?

MiGa November 20, 2018
Add the marinated lamb and cook uncovered for 30 minutes at a simmer for 30 minutes.

Does this mean I cook it uncovered for 30 minutes and then lower to a simmer and cover it for another 30 minutes?

Suzanne D. November 20, 2018
My guess would be that you cook it uncovered at a simmer for 30 minutes (and that the extra "for 30 minutes" is a mistake), because there's 35 more minutes of cook time after this step. But I've reached out to this recipe's creator to confirm and will let you know if/when I hear back.