A question about a recipe: The Best Indian Lamb Curry

C6321e35 1758 42be b4cb 36f0f9b2153d  oct2917

I have a question about the recipe "The Best Indian Lamb Curry" from Karishma. I’m confused by the first round of lamb cooking instructions. Could you please clarify?

asked by MiGa 27 days ago

Suzanne D'Amato
Suzanne D'Amato

Suzanne is the Editor-in-Chief of Food52.

Happy to help. Can you tell me more specifically what you find confusing in this recipe? Is it something about prepping the marinade—perhaps how much chili powder to add?

MiGa

Add the marinated lamb and cook uncovered for 30 minutes at a simmer for 30 minutes.

Does this mean I cook it uncovered for 30 minutes and then lower to a simmer and cover it for another 30 minutes?

Suzanne D'Amato
Suzanne D'Amato

My guess would be that you cook it uncovered at a simmer for 30 minutes (and that the extra "for 30 minutes" is a mistake), because there's 35 more minutes of cook time after this step. But I've reached out to this recipe's creator to confirm and will let you know if/when I hear back.