A question about a recipe: Brussels Sprouts and Cheese Soufflés

I have a question about the recipe "Brussels Sprouts and Cheese Soufflés" from Maria Teresa Jorge. Hens teeth are easier to find then sheep's milk ricotta ESPECIALLY in the winter!

Ella Quittner
Ella Quittner November 20, 2018

Hi Chris,

I haven't made this myself, but I suspect you could swap in cow's milk ricotta if you have it more readily available.

Ella

Maria Teresa Jorge
Maria Teresa Jorge November 20, 2018

Hi Chris,
I did the soufflés with sheep ricotta because here in Italy it’s common.
I should have added - or cow’s milk ricotta. The taste is slightly different because sheep’s milk is fatter and has a different taste from cow’s milk.
It doesn’t matter which ricotta you use as long as you strain the ricotta very well so there isn’t water in the soufflés.
Hope it works and you enjoy it.
Maria Teresa Jorge

Chris Danguilan
Chris Danguilan November 20, 2018

Thank you : D for your response. We are really excited, it just went in the oven. I did use cow's milk ricotta, which was pretty dry. I am a huge fan of sheep's milk ricotta, it is so silky so am disappointed I cannot find it. I dream of becoming a sheep farmer solely to produce sheep's milk ricotta and um...lamb meet ; )

Smaug November 20, 2018

Hen's teeth would be a suitable substitution. But stay away from dragon's teeth.