A question about a recipe: Brussels Sprouts and Cheese Soufflés

F0d07087 e756 4131 8586 7794105c6429  souffle last

I have a question about the recipe "Brussels Sprouts and Cheese Soufflés" from Maria Teresa Jorge. Hens teeth are easier to find then sheep's milk ricotta ESPECIALLY in the winter!

asked by Chris Danguilan 20 days ago

Ella Quittner

Hi Chris,

I haven't made this myself, but I suspect you could swap in cow's milk ricotta if you have it more readily available.

Ella

Maria Teresa Jorge

Hi Chris,
I did the soufflés with sheep ricotta because here in Italy it’s common.
I should have added - or cow’s milk ricotta. The taste is slightly different because sheep’s milk is fatter and has a different taste from cow’s milk.
It doesn’t matter which ricotta you use as long as you strain the ricotta very well so there isn’t water in the soufflés.
Hope it works and you enjoy it.
Maria Teresa Jorge

Chris Danguilan

Thank you : D for your response. We are really excited, it just went in the oven. I did use cow's milk ricotta, which was pretty dry. I am a huge fan of sheep's milk ricotta, it is so silky so am disappointed I cannot find it. I dream of becoming a sheep farmer solely to produce sheep's milk ricotta and um...lamb meet ; )

Hen's teeth would be a suitable substitution. But stay away from dragon's teeth.