How long do I cook 3lb boneless and 4lb bone-in turkey breast together in a slow cooker?

My order for an 8lb turkey breast turned into a 3lb boneless and 4lb bone-in turkey breast when I picked it up (horrible customer service story). I want to cook in a 6 quart slow cooker on low as I usually do (it will fit), but I'm not sure how long to cook it.

asked by Rosie 26 days ago

Hi Rosie, a 6 lb bone-in turkey breast takes about 8 hours. I'd plan on 3 hours for the boneless breast, and 5 for the 4 lb bone-in turkey breast.

Rosie

So, it's okay to put the bone-in breast first, and 2 hours later, add the boneless breast to the slow-cooker? Thanks!

Yes! That's a great way to sequence it. And occasionally check the internal temp of each -- you want them at 165 F. And you can always pull one out earlier if needed, and keep it warm. Happy Thanksgiving!

Rosie

Thank you so much for the quick reply!