A question about a recipe: Molly Yeh's Roasted Potatoes with Paprika Mayo

I have a question about the recipe "Molly Yeh's Roasted Potatoes with Paprika Mayo" from Genius Recipes. Not sure if my question went through. Have an emergency, the potatoes have been par boiled and would like to hold off roasting them till tomorrow. Will this effect the crispness of the potatoes? Is it better to just finish them up and reheat tomorrow?

Kristen Miglore February 3, 2019

Posting this answer here as well: Hi Pat, I'm sorry that this went unanswered and also sorry to say I haven't tried this myself, so I'm not sure how refrigerating between steps will work out—I think you'll still come out with something delicious, whichever way you decided to go.

jackie de sordi
jackie de sordi February 6, 2019

Definitely do NOT roast them and then refrigerate. Put them away parboiled and roast the day after. A parboiled or even totally boiled potato will always resuscitate and get crispy in the oven and also in a frying pan. Tried it many times.