Is it safe to make crockpot chicken wings as follows?
(1) Smear oil on bottom of my 4-quart crockpot.
(2) Cut up a potato and a sweetPotato with just enough pieces to fill bottom of crockpot (on top of the smeared-oil).
(3) Then pour enough filtered-water to cover the cut-up potatoes/yams.
(4) Then put chicken wings on top of all the multi-color potatoes (just enough wings to cover them).
(5) Then smear sweetSour duckSauce onto the chicken wings, enough to cover them.
(6) Cover with parchment paper?
(7) Cook on Low for 3.5 hours for fresh wings (or on High for 2.5 hours for frozen wings)