🔕 🔔

Can jalepenos sit in the car for a couple hours while I am shopping?

asked by XXX-XXX-1029 over 6 years ago

80cc9648 9cfe 4049 92f3 f6fef0f3a439  fb avatar

how hot is the car? Don't see any health reason why they cannot sit for a few hours in the car as long as it is not 150 degrees or some such.

9ac3a641 8957 4d8a b05c d028947d4131  stonecutting 32

Probably. They're pretty hearty little peppers and will last forever in my fridge. I don't see why a couple of hours in the car would hurt them, though I wouldn't recommend leaving them overnight in case they freeze (although if you are in a portion of the country where it is no longer freezing, this won't be a problem) or in case the extended exposure to heat makes them go off.

I would ask "What are you going to do with them ?" If your making salsa or cooking them in a few days sure, but if you plan on preserving them like canning or freezing I would run from the garden to the kitchen.

Should be no problem unless you leave your car keys with them.

I might worry about pepper plants left in the car, but unless you think they'll be stolen by a passing pepper thief I wouldn't worry.

67544da8 1862 4539 8ec8 2d9dfc2601bb  dsc 0122.nef 1

Oh Absolutely, they're tough!