Recommendations for cooking classes in Paris?

I will be in traveling to Paris in April and would really enjoy taking a one-day cooking class while I’m there. Any suggestions?

Kristy Mucci
Kristy Mucci March 22, 2011

A friend of mine gives cooking classes in Paris. You start your day by waking through the markets and shopping with her, then you cook and eat and drink all afternoon. It's so much fun! www.promenadesgourmandes.com

fiveandspice
fiveandspice March 22, 2011

I don't know if this is quite what you're looking for, but at least when I was in Paris the chocolate shop "La Maison du Chocolat" held chocolate making and pastry-making classes that were a couple of hours long and great fun! I can't find anything about it online. I discovered it by talking to the staff in one of their shops.

Burnt Offerings
Burnt Offerings March 22, 2011

So many good ones to choose from! Do you want to learn to make something specific? I think her waiting list is a few years out, but Patricia Wells teaches in Paris and the South of France. http://www.patriciawells.com/

boulangere March 22, 2011

Go here http://www.davidlebovitz.... Great resource for Paris food info, plus a wonderful ready by a really, really nice guy!

boulangere March 22, 2011

P. S. Please kiss the ground for me!

AtHomeGourmet
AtHomeGourmet March 23, 2011

Thank you for all the wonderful suggestions! I will most definitely look into all of them and I will surely “kiss the ground” for Boulangere;)