🔕 🔔

I want to try making paella this weekend, does anyone have a recipe recommendation for a paella beginner?

asked by GunwallsLizzie about 7 years ago

Ddd52943 cdf0 4edb a2d4 73aa286607f0  399571 2853636453848 1694221275 n

I made this a while back and it was delish and not at all difficult! Have a look through the recipes on this site, I'm sure you'll find one. Happy paella making!! : )

The key things to remember about paella are that you absolutely must use a short grain rice and that once you add the hot stock to the rice you stop stirring it (unlike risotto). You will be tempted to do that. Don't give in. After that you can do a whole kitchen sink thing with ingredients; shellfish, snails, and rabbit are recommended but you don't have to do that. Paella is most often cooked outside over a wood fire or on an outdoor gas ring. Paella by the way gets its name from the pan it's cooked in and not the contents.

The name is not strictly accurate, but this recipe is very good:

http://www.tienda.com/recipes...

I like that it gives you different options . And I completely agree about the rice- the better the rice, the better the paella!