🔕 🔔

I'm working on a chocolate fondue recipe for passover and am stumped. Anyone have a recipe without dairy soy or prepackaged dairy substitute

asked by Couldn't Be Parve about 7 years ago

Yum...try this one--it's dairy free.

Couldn't Be Parve

Thanks. That recipe is high up on my "to try" list but I can't make it for passover because I can't get Kosher for Passover coconut milk. I am looking for a recipe that doesn't need coconut milk, almond milk or other things that are not available kosher for passover. Any ideas?

Oh, it never occurred to me that coconut milk would have to be kosher for Passover--sorry. What if you melted good dark chocolate and stirred in the liqueur and a bit of salt? You'd have to try it first, but I think it might harden onto the matzo (which I'm assuming you're using to dip) almost like a hard sauce.

Can you use vegetable oil or shortening? This is a recipe Merrill posted over the summer for ice cream sandwiches that you dip in chocolate. The chocolate hardens on the sandwich. Could you add a flavoring and use bittersweet chocolate and either shortening or vegetable oil?
http://www.food52.com/blog...

Peter
Peter

While Peter no longer works for Food52 he still thinks up ways to make the website better.

COils you use fresh coconut milk? I'm guessing that coconuts are kosher, it's just the processing facilities are not certified kosher.

Couldn't Be Parve

Yes, fresh coconut milk would work, I have used it in the past, but I was hoping to come up with a recipe that would allow me to skip the extra step of making my own coconut milk. In the end I am going to spend more time working on the recipe than making the coconut milk by far. Oh well. Back to the drawing board.

macollins

Depending on where you are, you might be able to find kosher for passover almond milk...it looks like Lieber's has some on the market this year. http://chowhound.chow.com...

I'm not usually a fan of non-dairy creamer, but that could be easier to find in.

I don't have, but I have a kicka$$ Pesadichy Flourless Chocolate Cake I'd be glad to share the recipe for.

ellenl

Not a fondue but sounds great to try---google Herve This' Chocolate Chantilly.

Couldn't Be Parve

Thanks everyone for you input. I didn't realize there was Kosher for Passover almond milk available this year, so that is what I am going to use. ChefJune, I would love the recipe, I never turn down a good flourless chocolate cake.