🔕 🔔

I'm working on a chocolate fondue recipe for passover and am stumped. Anyone have a recipe without dairy soy or prepackaged dairy substitute

asked by Couldn't Be Parve over 6 years ago

E4b7660b f3f6 4873 bd6d 2130a16403fb  img 1088

Yum...try this one--it's dairy free.

B374f07a 68c6 4595 a705 99ed993c08fc  coconut panna cotta small for web

Thanks. That recipe is high up on my "to try" list but I can't make it for passover because I can't get Kosher for Passover coconut milk. I am looking for a recipe that doesn't need coconut milk, almond milk or other things that are not available kosher for passover. Any ideas?

Oh, it never occurred to me that coconut milk would have to be kosher for Passover--sorry. What if you melted good dark chocolate and stirred in the liqueur and a bit of salt? You'd have to try it first, but I think it might harden onto the matzo (which I'm assuming you're using to dip) almost like a hard sauce.

Can you use vegetable oil or shortening? This is a recipe Merrill posted over the summer for ice cream sandwiches that you dip in chocolate. The chocolate hardens on the sandwich. Could you add a flavoring and use bittersweet chocolate and either shortening or vegetable oil?
http://www.food52.com/blog...

E29013c2 3e90 48ab b297 41e445e1e562  sunshine small
Peter

While Peter no longer works for Food52 he still thinks up ways to make the website better.

COils you use fresh coconut milk? I'm guessing that coconuts are kosher, it's just the processing facilities are not certified kosher.

Yes, fresh coconut milk would work, I have used it in the past, but I was hoping to come up with a recipe that would allow me to skip the extra step of making my own coconut milk. In the end I am going to spend more time working on the recipe than making the coconut milk by far. Oh well. Back to the drawing board.

Fae0d6f7 8a18 416a 87a4 62ef806db1e7  41527 674956185 319240 n

Depending on where you are, you might be able to find kosher for passover almond milk...it looks like Lieber's has some on the market this year. http://chowhound.chow.com...

I'm not usually a fan of non-dairy creamer, but that could be easier to find in.

I don't have, but I have a kicka$$ Pesadichy Flourless Chocolate Cake I'd be glad to share the recipe for.

Not a fondue but sounds great to try---google Herve This' Chocolate Chantilly.

Thanks everyone for you input. I didn't realize there was Kosher for Passover almond milk available this year, so that is what I am going to use. ChefJune, I would love the recipe, I never turn down a good flourless chocolate cake.