🔕 🔔

So, today I cut through an onion and one layer in the middle was brown and slimy. I tossed that section, plus another couple of layers and used the rest, which looked perfect. Good or bad idea?

asked by mariaraynal about 7 years ago

E4b7660b f3f6 4873 bd6d 2130a16403fb  img 1088

I've done the same thing--I think it's OK as long as you are cooking them. But I could be wrong. (However, I am still here to write about it!)

6d812419 52db 4fe8 983a 4431d769882e  rattlesnake ridge me glenn 08.28.10 001

The very nature of an onion makes it VERY susceptible to rot, much like apple cut the bad and use the good parts. No harm.

8bbce907 3b5e 4c8c be5c c64e6c780d63  birthday 2012
luvcookbooks

Meg is a trusted home cook.

I do the same.

F6978465 ff16 46b6 a00f 3fb00b61047d  p1020611

I'm still here, too, and my dish tasted great!