🔕 🔔

i have a dried harissa spice mix i'd like to turn into a glaze for salmon. what to do? mix it with honey? olive oil? anyone?

asked by @jestei over 6 years ago

445e20c3 ae7c 4384 a5f7 c63a3b70db4d  img 2825

I would thin out with olive oil and also add a little honey. Slather on and cook. Yum.

B8c85549 23af 4014 8234 ae1da9266ce9  burnt offering

I agree with phyllis. The honey might burn if you only use honey. Thin with olive oil, and maybe a splash of lemon juice. The sweet with the heat will be nice - especially on salmon.

766e7ce3 8394 4788 8337 bbd8a8d3a07e  5.15.11 coconut macaroons best sm

Harissa is especially good with butter, so I'd probably melt butter and mix the harissa into that, then spread it over. Possibly with a dash of honey, though I usually tend more toward the harissa-butter-lemon juice end. Salmon is a fairly sweet fish as it is, so you may not want the added sweetness of honey.

Bb911bcd 2446 4d8f 848f cdc2090e999a  leaf cake

I would add a little white wine to the mix.