Your personal shoppers, leaving home not required. Shop gift guides »
🔕 🔔

Out of all the edible papers - which ones taste the best?

asked by a Whole Foods Market Customer over 5 years ago
0f493ab9 068f 4498 ba2c 95c992214d52  sit2

The Cubanelle, to me, has the best taste. Not hot, but a bit of back note of heat, and a crisp flavor that's mild and goes well with to day cooking. So, it's not challenging to eat. It's closer to bell peppers.
But, still has some heat..and for me it's very flavorful and doesn't upset my stomach like raw bell peppers do sometimes, I prefer it in most applications that call for bell peppers. (Pizza, sauces, sandwiches, salads, etc).

Most hot peppers are used for their heat quality. This varies in some applications where they are roasted, smoked or dried and made in sauces, or used in chilies other dishes.
Some like the Poblano (called Ancho) when dried have a raisin like flavor for sauces.

It's a difficult question to answer as it really depends your tastes and how much heat you like, and what recipes call for the peppers.

C0d1f1de 4134 43ba 9510 1d7a8caa31f3  scan0004

Did you mean PAPER or PEPPER?

32fb3935 151a 4db2 ac26 980d4c0d5cea  lorigoldsby

I wondered the same thing--if they meant what to use for cooking "en papillote" but that's not edible, usually it is parchment paper. although there are recipes for "rice paper"