🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Soft and Chewy Oatmeal Bread

541d8243 7075 45ba 8c52 562a1bf41a02  oatmealbread2

I have a question about step 1 on the recipe "Soft and Chewy Oatmeal Bread" from WinnieAb. It says:

"Mix oatmeal, water, milk (if using), butter, salt, and yeast"
Is "dry yeast" the yeast in little packages that requires proofing or the instant yeast that comes in a larger package (like SAF) and is usually added to the dry ingredients? Does it matter?

asked by MarthaP over 6 years ago

It should be instant yeast, cause active dry yeast should be proofed. I have active dry yeast in a jar, and I use it just the same as instant yeast, but add a little more. It works just the same, sometimes it takes longer to proof, but you can adjust your proofing time when you see your bread rise.