🔕 🔔

Trying to go gluten free in Paris but I can't find xanthan gum or sorghum flour anywere. All my recipes call for these ingredients.I've tried several organic health food stores and no such luck. Any suggestions?

asked by cookslow almost 7 years ago

E4b7660b f3f6 4873 bd6d 2130a16403fb  img 1088

Bob's Red Mill sells both...I think you can order it on line.
www.bobsredmill.com

2fc558a8 bd7d 4d57 9ed4 e14a7fcea429  fb avatar

David Lebovitz has a number of ides for you: http://www.davidlebovitz... as he's a pastry chef and an amazing cook, I'd take his recommendations to heart. :-)

And lucky you - Paris ...

Savorykitchen, I'm so glad you found the link on david lebovitz's blog--I was looking for it, too!

9ae16185 c926 440b aee2 e06da25bf123  mlt yogateau 1

Try shopping online at bahadourian.com. They're based in Lyon, and it looks like they sell farine de sorgho: http://bit.ly/9VyjUo. Gomme de xanthane is even more of a specialty item, and you may have better luck searching shops that cater to pastry chefs.