Trying to go gluten free in Paris but I can't find xanthan gum or sorghum flour anywere. All my recipes call for these ingredients.I've tried several organic health food stores and no such luck. Any suggestions?

asked by cookslow about 8 years ago

Bob's Red Mill sells both...I think you can order it on line.
www.bobsredmill.com

Savorykitchen

David Lebovitz has a number of ides for you: http://www.davidlebovitz... as he's a pastry chef and an amazing cook, I'd take his recommendations to heart. :-)

And lucky you - Paris ...

Savorykitchen, I'm so glad you found the link on david lebovitz's blog--I was looking for it, too!

mtrelaun

Try shopping online at bahadourian.com. They're based in Lyon, and it looks like they sell farine de sorgho: http://bit.ly/9VyjUo. Gomme de xanthane is even more of a specialty item, and you may have better luck searching shops that cater to pastry chefs.