Ideal number of eggs in a hearty frittata?

I've got a 120-inch pan, about 2 cups of added veggies and cheeses. I want it to be a respectable depth so that a slice is a good main course portion.

asked by cheese1227 about 7 years ago

With a pan that size and the amount of veggies and cheese I think you would need a dozen eggs.

You mean a 12 inch pan, right? Cause 120 inches is 10 feet diameter....in which case you'd be attempting the world's biggest frittata ;-) (Sounds like a show on the Food Network.)

a Whole Foods Market Customer

amysarah took the words right out of my mouth ! that is one big fritatta

I agree, I assumed she meant 12 inch. Do you agree a dozen eggs for a sizeable fritata?

Two dozen if you want the heart attack fritatta.

I think it depends upon what else is in your frittata. If you are including pasta or potatoes, maybe only 9 eggs.

I was wondering about that "120 inch" pan! ;)

healthierkitchen

How many people do you want to serve?

cheese1227

Sorry about that typo! Yes, 12-inch. I need to feed 8 people.

seabirdskitchen

I usually use 2 eggs/person for frittate. So 16 sounds about right. But it does depend on other ingredients

I would use 13 eggs for that frittata. sounds like fun!