A question about a recipe: Rhubarb Ginger Downside-Up Oatmeal Cake

6655a09e 0677 49ff 80d0 d34a3e902076  rhubarb upside down cake

i want to make this for my dad's birthday breakfast, but i would have to bake it the night before. can someone who has made this (or something similar) let me know if it is still just as good the next day?

asked by Brette Warshaw over 7 years ago

thirschfeld

It is not as good. You could have every thing measured out, chopped and ready to go but keep dry and wet separate.. really it assembles easily and depending on your time constraints could bake it the morning of.

healthierkitchen

We actually liked the leftovers quite alot. It was syrupier and messier, but still delicious.

thirschfeld

Yes Healthierkitchen I do agree I like it gooey-er on day 2 but it is definitely left over, so to speak

Brette Warshaw

thanks to you both - made it this morning and it was a huge hit!