I'm grilling - gasp - on Dad's Day - a pork tenderloin. Marinade ideas?

I have never grilled anything - there, my confession...There has always been a man - or my mother - to do this. On Sunday, Liz tackles the grill with a pork tenderloin - no burgers for this girl! SOS, team...

asked by Lizthechef over 7 years ago

Lots of ideas right here: http://www.food52.com/recipes...

Also check the Street Food entries. I recall lots and lots of wonderful pork entries. Have a wonderful day!

vrunka

I just recently made a hoisin-based sauce for grilled chicken and I'm sure it would work great on pork, too. I sauteed some garlic in a large saucepan, then added 1/2 cup hoisin, a couple tablespoons of soy sauce, a few squirts of sriracha, 1/4 cup dry white wine and a few tablespoons of rice vinegar. The whole thing simmered for about 15 minutes and then I basted the chicken in the last 20 minutes or so of cooking. Turned out great!

For pork tenderloin, I think you would just want to to a do a light salt and pepper rub and then cook over indirect heat for about 20-30 minutes or so and then baste with the sauce for the last 15-20 minutes until you're at temperature (145, I believe). If you don't already have an instaread thermometer, get one! They're invaluable!

a Whole Foods Market Customer

What type of sides do you want to do? I'm grilling a flank type steak in my mojo criollo and serving wtih tortillas, lots of grilled veggies, rice, beans, avocado, slaw, Merrill's salpicon, etc. It's great on pork as well but it's a definitely Latin flavor profile. http://www.food52.com/recipes....