🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: The Tangiest Lemon Bars

Dd4e5ebe 5ea0 4727 be50 f65f02ebd17c  mark10 16 10 047

I have a question about step 2 on the recipe "The Tangiest Lemon Bars" from ashley_samuel_pierson. It says:

"Press the dough into the bottom of a 8- inch square baking pan."

I decided to try this curst method rather than what I'm used to (pulsing the dough ingredients in a FP with cold butter until crumbly.) It first was a batter that couldn't be pressed into the pan but it did thicken up and I put blobs in the pan and pressed it around. Seems weird. I hope it turns out okay. It seems like such a small serving size too, and I have to serve these this afternoon.

I did double check the recipe against what was reported in newspapers to promote the book and it is correct, all ingredients are about the same.

asked by nutcakes over 6 years ago

The crust looks okay, so I poured the filling over it and back in the oven it went.

Ec6c47b5 e300 4a26 b2c9 cd557945caa9  image

Hi Nutcakes,
I didn't run into that problem, but I hope all turned out.
Ashley

Thanks they turned out wonderfully. Since they are quite small (imo) I also served each person a small rich brownie square and the lemon squares were the clear favorite. Can't wait to try them with lime.

Great idea with the lime nutcakes!