A question about a recipe: Horseradish Vodka Bloody Mary

0d891662 2278 44cb 948f 18def3658847  040511f 696

So I'm finally planning to make this recipe, and I can't find fresh horseradish. Sounds like it's out of season, although that doesn't usually stop the stores. I'm in DC - any ideas?

asked by HeatherM about 7 years ago

You could probably use drained prepared horseradish in place of fresh to infuse the vodka; just keep in mind the results will be a little different -- may not be quite as spicy.

HeatherM

Thanks, Merrill. Update: I managed to track some down at HMART in Silver Spring!

NWB
NWB

The Whole Foods in my neighborhood often carries fresh horseradish. I'm sure the vodka will be worth the hunt!

HeatherM

Yeah, I called two of them here, NWB, but they didn't have any.

NWB
NWB

So sorry you had trouble finding it. Hope the drinks turned out well!