🔕 🔔

Not exactly a question about the recipe, Blondies - Gluten-Free and Completely Delicious, itself, but about the whisk shown in slides 4 & 5.

47d74ef9 d641 4762 b941 09cc61aa659b  2016 0614 gluten free blondies bobbi lin 25304

I've never owned or even used a whisk shaped like the one Merrill's using that's shown in the slides posted this morning. What kind of whisk is that? Why is it better to use one like that for a blondie batter than a traditional whisk? Are there any other uses for which that is a superior whisk? Do tell, please! Many thanks. ;o)

asked about 6 years ago

Here's what I found when I googled whisks...

http://www.feaststl.com...

Good luck!

84baef1b 1614 4c3d a895 e859c9d40bd1  chris in oslo

I've been hoping that Merrill would weigh in, but in the meanwhile... I really like whisks, and I often pick up new ones. Most of which don't get much use, so I'm especially to learn from other people's experience. The double round type (if you look closely, you'll see that there are two wire spheres, one inside the other) are usually thought to be really good at incorporating air into the mixture. For these blondies, I wouldn't have thought that was so important--I would have used a more standard teardrop balloon-type whisk with thicker wire. Anyone else?

I vote balloon.

C0d1f1de 4134 43ba 9510 1d7a8caa31f3  scan0004

Sometimes it's just the pleasure of feeling that piece of equipment in your hand...