A question about a recipe: Blondies -- Gluten-Free and Completely Delicious

47d74ef9 d641 4762 b941 09cc61aa659b  2016 0614 gluten free blondies bobbi lin 25304

I have a ton of cherries leftover from some testing I was doing. Does anyone know if fresh cherries would work in these instead of dried?

Natalie is a recipe tester for Food52.

asked almost 7 years ago

nishis

They might be a little wet, so I would coat them with coconut flour before adding and maybe bake them a little longer.

They might be too wet. It's almost like substituting grapes for raisins in oatmeal raisin cookies. If you want to try it, I'd think about starting with a half batch to see how it goes.

It would be easy enough to dry them. Just pit them, halve them and put them in your oven on a cookie sheet at the lowest setting and check them every six hours or so. If you do not put them on a rack inside the cookie sheet, turn them over every so often. I use my dehydrator, but oven works if you don't have one.