🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Blondies -- Gluten-Free and Completely Delicious

47d74ef9 d641 4762 b941 09cc61aa659b  2016 0614 gluten free blondies bobbi lin 25304

I have a ton of cherries leftover from some testing I was doing. Does anyone know if fresh cherries would work in these instead of dried?

Natalie is a recipe tester for Food52.

asked about 6 years ago

They might be a little wet, so I would coat them with coconut flour before adding and maybe bake them a little longer.

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

They might be too wet. It's almost like substituting grapes for raisins in oatmeal raisin cookies. If you want to try it, I'd think about starting with a half batch to see how it goes.

8a5161fb 3215 4036 ad80 9f60a53189da  buddhacat

It would be easy enough to dry them. Just pit them, halve them and put them in your oven on a cookie sheet at the lowest setting and check them every six hours or so. If you do not put them on a rack inside the cookie sheet, turn them over every so often. I use my dehydrator, but oven works if you don't have one.