A question about a recipe: Salvadoran Breakfast Cake (a.k.a. Quesadillas)

3112d49e 2bb1 4f08 a329 16cf78ad0391  062111 255

I have a question about step 2 on the recipe "Salvadoran Breakfast Cake (a.k.a. Quesadillas)" from Sasha @ GlobalTableAdventure. It says:

"Meanwhile, whisk together the rice flour, baking powder, and salt. Then, in the bowl of a standing mixer, cream the butter with sugar. Drop in the eggs, one at a time, until fully incorporated. Scrape down the sides as needed. "

The recipe calls for 'rice flour' ... can I use glutinous rice flour? The great god Google tells me this type of rice flour is made from 'sweet rice' but am not sure if this will be OK in this recipe. Please advise as I am eager to try this recipe!

My thanks in advance ... Christina

asked by ccolbert over 7 years ago

happycao

Sweet rice flour and rice flour act different when baked, sweet rice makes things chewy and rice flour seems more crispy. But I never used rice flour, I only vaguely remember from recipes using rice flour. So I wouldnt want to replace it.

ccolbert

Happycao ... Thank you for this advice. A Salvadoran Breakfast Cake with the texture of mochi doesn't sound too appealing. :-)