A question about a recipe: Summer Squash Couscous with Sultanas, Pistachios and Mint

9bf195e8 19ad 4fd5 9b96 90dcd666510d  070610f 325

I have a question about step 2 on the recipe "Summer Squash Couscous with Sultanas, Pistachios and Mint" from The Internet Cooking Princess. It says:

"Next, bring the veggie stock to a boil in a medium saucepan. Stir in the couscous, cover, and turn off the heat; allow the couscous to sit for about 5 minutes, or until it absorbs all the liquid. Toss the couscous with a fork so the grains don't start clumping together, pour into a large mixing bowl, and set aside." The picture looks like you used giant couscous - is that right?

asked by judifree over 7 years ago

phyllis

The couscous in the photo is Israeli couscous. You have to cook that a liitke differently (see pkg directions). The procedure and time allocated in this recipe is for the couscous you're probably familiar with.

Phyllis, thanks for weighing in. We did use Israeli couscous for the version in the photo. You can use any kind of couscous you like -- if you have access to Israeli, we recommend it. It added a more substantial texture to the dish.