We are smoking some meat this weekend...any ideas on how to smoke greens? we want to keep it on the healthier side if we can.

We have a big pig smoker and are smoking turkey and a few other things. But we want to do some tasty greens too.

asked by a Whole Foods Market Customer about 7 years ago

shelovestocook

Baby bok choy, leeks and zucchini. Cut everything into uniform slices, sprinkle with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Grill 3-4 minutes per side or until you have nice grill marks. Enjoy!

First, you're going to need a little pot.

Okay snark aside. Why smoke the greens?Could be overkill on the smoked food there if you're doing smoked meats too.
But you could put them colander. Cover with foil and smoke them that way. Then sautee with hickory smoked bacon.

a Whole Foods Market Customer

@Sam1148 - i agree with too much smoking! But the person with the cooker wanted to know and I thought I should has the pickle to see what we come up with. PS: funny little pot joke...

beyondcelery

I had smoked lentils at a restaurant a couple months ago and they were incredible. You might try those. It's on my list to try out next time I have access to a smoker.