🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Sicilian Orange (with only a little Lemon) Raspberry Cake

3bae3faa ab58 484c 9548 01235d64f456  dsc 1487

This cake is making my mouth water.....will make this for the cafe I bake for. Two questions though:
1: You say add the raspberries w/the citrus to the processor, then again add the raspberries....perhaps this is a redundancy?
2: Are the chopped off bits of citrus rind going in the processor? You say remove the seeds and add the fruit chunks w/sugar....I'm assuming the rind goes in also?
Thanks for the clarifications:-)

asked by food grrrl over 6 years ago

C405edfb eff8 43c8 8d2a 9c901ad00568  ozoz bw january2014

Thanks food grrrl,

1. Raspberry additions twice - redundant indeed and I've updated the recipe.
2. Yes, the rind goes in as well - I got the idea from this recipe with strawberries and whole lemons (but I removed some of the pith!) to balance the flavours and keep it from being too bitter! http://www.food52.com/blog...

Thank you for trying the recipe. I hope you like it.

23fa4967 086f 483d 8a16 73a3a8cb2449  mt.view

Thanks for the quick reply KB.....will let you know how it turns out (and if it's a hit). Enjoy the weekend:-)