A question about a recipe: Boozy Watermelon Rosemary Lemonade

Eac79b2e 50ab 43f5 b342 ca726534ac00  071911 314

Can the mixture be made a day ahead? How well does it fare overnight in the fridge?

asked by JenLeePA over 7 years ago

It's best fresh, but I drank some the next day and it was still delicious.

Somehow, half the recipe made a good bit, and circumstances were such that the pre-dinner became breakfast and the pitcher in the fridge, without the booze, held up perfectly for four, with 2 small servings the day after. I think the integration of the flavors actually improved with time. I doubt that it should be kept longer than that -- but I wouldn't expect there to be any left. It's lovely stuff!

Apologies for the annoying spam -- we're working on fixing it.

piccantedolce

Hi there, Sorry for the delayed response, we've kept it without the booze for up to 3 days in our fridge, though I'm not sure how it lasted that long!

cheese1227

Are you using seedless water melon?

littlelemon

Hmm, so I am betting from the responses that the watermelon doesn't separate out as the drink sits? I'm thinking of doing a large batch for a party, and leaving it in a drink dispenser.

piccantedolce

the watermelon will separate out as it sits, but a quick stir or shake (depending on your container) will easily fix that.