What kind of cheese is best for a Cuban sandwich? Other ingredients are roast pork shoulder, ham and half-sour pickles. Thanks so much!

;o)

Melanie00

A really good Swiss Cheese!! Oh..and do not forget the mustard..

JanaVee

Swiss, like they use on Calle Ocho.

a Whole Foods Market Customer

I 3rd the motion for swiss! But I bet Manchego would be great as well.

When is lunch? I'll be right over ;)

Thanks, everyone! I suspect that my younger son, who doesn't care much for Swiss but likes Manchego, will put some of that on his. HLA, it's actually dinner tonight. This morning, I made some outstanding Cuban rolls (well, the way I remember them . . . it's been so many years since I've had an Ybor City "Cuban"), and a tasty braise- roasted pork shoulder with a "Cuban adobo" rub and sauce over the weekend. I'll take photos, and post the recipe when I have time later this week. ;o)

Sweet! That'll give me time to catch a quick flight down ;) You MUST post photos and the recipe. My stomach is gurgling.

Yes, Antonia, PLEASE post your recipe! I'd love to make Cuban Sandwiches with home made rolls.

fiveandspice
fiveandspice

Emily is a trusted source on Scandinavian Cuisine.

I second the motion to pretty please post your recipe! Sounds wonderful!