A question about a recipe: Flank Steak on Texas Toast with Chimichurri What is a pullman loaf?

5987c91f 8889 4a93 b522 e1468675aa40  food52 07 25 11 220

I have a question about the ingredient "brioche pullman loaf or if you prefer a white pullman loaf" on the recipe "Flank Steak on Texas Toast with Chimichurri" from sdebrango.

asked by cooksdelight over 7 years ago

A pullman loaf is a rectangular shaped loaf of bread, am including a picture. Really its just a regular loaf of bread. I was able to get a brioche pullman un-sliced so I could make the slices extra thick.

Pullman loaf is a classic sandwich bread shape -- long and rectangular.

MrsKeller

It is often labelled as sandwich bread.

It is square or nearly square.

Here's a picture of a loaf and the pan it is made in from the King Arthur Flour website:

MrsKeller

Here's the link if anyone is looking for a pullman pan.

http://search.kingarthurflour.com/search.jsp?N=0&rt=p&Ntt=pain+de+mie+pan&x=42&y=17