🔕 🔔

What is local and fresh in Edinburgh, Scotland?

I'm moving soon and hope to have a head start on what I can find in the grocery. Where are the markets, the butchers, and the fish markets? Are they open year-long? All suggestions, advice, links welcome!

Also, where are the best Asian food supply stores?

asked by Wineforthechef about 6 years ago

E57c35c2 cde4 4d6f b6c4 4ed187500f76  2016 03 22 06 46 08

The Edinburgh Farmer's Market is open every Saturday year-round: http://www.edinburghfarmersmarket...

B8c85549 23af 4014 8234 ae1da9266ce9  burnt offering

One of my dearest, lifelong friends lives in Edinburgh - I'll ask her if she minds sharing her email and contact you off line with the information. She's very food oriented and loves to visit the markets, etc...

69d2403d 88f4 4b72 b0b9 84a21f4d0561  img 1445

I was in Edinburgh in June and ate a truly incredible meal at the Michelin star restaurant The Kitchin. 98% of their food is local, so I would recommend you call the restaurant and ask where they sourse their fish, meat, cheese, and bread. Make a reservation for yourself while you're at it; you won't regret it! http://www.thekitchin.com...

Da22e71b 36a2 4230 8427 b090734f9fbd  dsc 1159

Thanks s much everyone, I will check these out!