🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Chewy Sugar Cookies #2

6aa4fe22 a214 43ef b3b8 7e77a0000210  2016 1007 chewy sugar cookies 2 linda xiao 248

I have a question about the ingredient "sea salt" on the recipe "Chewy Sugar Cookies #2" from mrslarkin.
Thank you so much for posting this recipe! I'm really looking forward to making these cookies, and wasn't sure what kind of sea salt is used (fine, coarse, etc.). Can I use regular table salt instead? and if so, should I use the same amount, or less?
Thank you!

asked by mics about 6 years ago

Yes, you can use table salt, in the same amount (or a little less if it seems like a lot to you)

69d2403d 88f4 4b72 b0b9 84a21f4d0561  img 1445

I would start with half the amount, taste, and go from there. The measurements for the recipe aren't in weight, but if they were,1 teaspoon sea salt weighs much less than 1 teaspoon table salt.

Thank you for your kind replies!
I'll use the smaller amount, and take it from there.